Copyright © 2013 by Webmaster FCM
All Rights reserved
Goats Project 2012/13 continued 14
Together with Helping Hands for Uganda e.V. from Germany Foundation for Christ Ministry implemented a Goats Project at Buchicha Parish, Sikuda Subcounty, Busia District to give support to six OVC`s and four PLHA Households.
The Project is aimed to support the unprivileged orphans and widows who have been affected and infected with HIV/AIDS epidemic.
More than 35 % of the Population in Busia are infected with HIV.
Despite many NGO`s are adressing the HIV/AIDS, the area of economic empowerment ot the Orphans and Widows has not yet been adressed.
The Project will contribute towards empowering widows living with HIV/AIDS and OVC households affected as result of HIV so as to meet their economic, nutritional and educational needs.
Objectives of the Project
- To promote sustainable livelihood projects through provision of income
- To build the capacities of the households heads to manage and engage in
sustainable income generating activities.
- Orphans accesing education and are retained at school
- Social Life improved
- Caretakers are able to provide basic needs to Orphans
- Improved livelihood for widows
- Reduced incidences of HIV infections and increased care
of the infected and affected
Monitoring of the Project
Monitoring is taking place by Field Volunteers on a monthly basis.
The Field Officer is monitoring the Project every three months.
German Donors visit the Projects as often as possible.
More Updates on the Project and German Support of the Project
Projectphotos are found at Activityphotos
Foundation for Christ Ministry